A simple yet yummy Chicken Fried Rice recipe
Who doesn’t love a good chicken fried rice? Made with the best chicken, chicken fried rice packs a punch in spicy and tangy flavors that would leave you craving this dish all the time. For those who want to prepare a healthier and less-oilier version of the chicken fried rice, the chicken fried rice recipe is the most suitable one to try out with, even without much experience in the kitchen. It is one of the most famous Sri Lankan recipes. Prepare it with the entire family for a fun family lunch.
500g basmati or samba rice, cooked
250g boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
50g carrot, julienned
50g leeks, julienned (green part)
50g leek stalk, julienned
3 eggs, beaten
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 inch ginger, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté until the mixture is aromatic.
2. In a separate pan, scramble the eggs and set aside.
3. Cook for a few minutes with the chicken and a touch of salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the carrots, leeks, and leek stalk, as well as the Knorr seasoning cube. Stir-fry the vegetables for 2 minutes in a hot pan.
5. Toss in the scrambled eggs and cooked rice. Combine all of the ingredients and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to add in a couple of meat or non-meat dishes and a dash of chilli paste and enjoy the best chicken fried rice you have ever had.